There’s something special about Tuscan sunsets. The rolling hills beyond the shadows of the cypress trees. The seemingly endless rows of vineyards and the charming farmhouses scattered throughout the countryside. Tuscany is more than a place. It’s a feeling. A way of life.
You’ll sleep in a century old farmhouse with views of the enchanting countryside and local villages. Spend your free time lounging by the pool or on a hike or horseback ride in the hills.
Travel by train to the enchanting village of Siena. Enjoy a guided tour and traditional lunch in town. Enjoy some free time for shopping or a delicious aperitivo in the plaza.
Sample local wines by day and go for dinner and a stroll in the medieval town of San Gimignano by night.
A morning vinyasa yoga session by the pool or in the mountains… a restful, restorative yoga and meditation practice at night… care for your self, your mind, and your body throughout your yoga holiday.
Il Grande Prato, Tuscany, Italy
Il Grande Prato is a charming farm complex, more than a century old. This agriturismo is conveniently located near enchanting towns such as Siena, Florence, and San Gimignano. Tucked away in the beauty of the Tuscan countryside, you are bound to find yourself relaxed and in love with your holiday. Enjoy a quiet morning walk in the hills, relax in the pool during the day and watch unbelievable sunsets at night. Indulge in local wines and homemade local Tuscan meals. Enjoy a cooking class or a massage on site. This place has it all!
About the yoga
Jennison has planned each aspect of your holiday with thoughtfulness, love, intention and passion. With over 20 years of yoga experience and more than 8 years sharing yoga with others, Jennison has a passion for connecting others more closely with themselves and building community through unique yoga experiences.
Her passion for yoga, paired with her enthusiasm for travel, make Jennison’s “Retreat Yourself Mediterranean Yoga Retreats” unforgettable and truly special experiences. The yoga itself is a combination of energizing vinyasa and restorative yin practices designed for all levels of practitioners. Jennison loves to add in some fun with partner yoga sessions and adds depth through intention-setting and mindfulness workshops as well as daily meditation.
These yoga holidays are all about balance. We love to have fun, share a bottle (or two) of wine at dinner and dive deep into our connections with one another. Bring a friend and enjoy a holiday together or come alone and prepare to make some lifelong, meaningful friendships. Warning: these retreats are truly addicting!
See you on the mat. Cheers and namaste, friends!
What will you learn? Serenity in the midst of Turbulence
Remedies and Rituals to Overcome Spiritual Warfare
Your yoga holiday is more than traveling to gorgeous locations with likeminded people from around the world. You will enjoy sunset yoga sessions with dreamy views and taste local cuisines and delicious wines, but you will also experience moments of personal transformation as you learn, grow and evolve during your retreat.
The experiences and practices of Retreat Yourself Tuscany have been designed with a focus on overcoming anxiety and stress in your everyday life. You will be taken on a journey of exploration of remedies and rituals to overcome spiritual warfare. This personal journey will include the following components:
- Understanding the science behind stress physiology and our natural “flight or flight” mechanism of survival.
- Using meditation to quiet the mind and promote healing by turning off the autopilot function of irrelevant survival mechanisms.
- Incorporating the use of mudras, affirmations, and mantras as a way to encourage letting go of limited beliefs and past traumas, and creating space for love and healing.
- Learning practices such as daily rituals, intentional living, and gratitude, as a way of managing life’s stressors and transitioning from a state of surviving to thriving.
- Using the movement rituals of yoga to create ease and presence in the moment by disengaging our fight or flight response, and cultivating space for compassion, gratitude and big picture perspective.
- Incorporating breath work as a way to encourage restorative healing of the body and mind, with a focus on releasing anxiety and reducing depression.
July 25 – 28, 2019
Optional 4th night! See below.
Take a look at our sample itinerary* complete with daily yoga, day trips, wine tasting and more!
Optional Day 0 (Wednesday)
Arrive one day early to spend the night in Bologna.
Join other members of the group for a visit and dinner in this lively, historic city of Northern Italy.
On Thursday morning, enjoy breakfast in Bologna and shared transportation from Bologna to Il Grande Prato
(additional details below)
Day 1 (Thursday)
Arrive to Il Grande Prato midday
Enjoy a walk to a local cafe for lunch and incredible views
Relax at the farmhouse
Energizing Yin Yang yoga session
Welcome Dinner at Il Grande Prato
Day 2 (Friday)
Morning vinyasa yoga in the countryside
Enjoy a free day at Il Grande Prato or add on an extra experience
Optional yoga workshop
Wine Tasting at Chiosco ai Renai
Dinner in San Gimignano
Day 3 (Saturday
Morning Vinyasa yoga by the pool
Travel to Siena by train for a guided tour and lunch
Post-travel yin yoga
Dinner at Il Grande Prato
Day 4 (Sunday)
Sunrise yoga and closing meditation
*Retreat itinerary subject to change
Friday’s Optional Activities
Optional activity (1): Book a horseback ride in the countryside (Hours and times vary)
Optional activity (2): Book a Tuscan cooking lesson at Il Grande Prato! (Price is 10€ per person)
Optional tour (3): Book a relaxing massage onsite at Il Grande Prato (Prices from 50€)
On Friday we will enjoy a self-guided visit to the walled, medieval hilltop town of San Gimignano. Stroll the streets and enjoy dinner outdoors in this enchanting village.
Saturday’s day trip will begin with a relaxing train ride through the countryside from Castelfiorentino. We’ll enjoy a guided tour of the charming town of Siena, followed by a traditional lunch and free time to explore, shop or relax.
Early Bird Pricing for booking before March 1st! Only 590€ !
General Pricing: 620€
- Shared accommodation in Il Grande Prato Farmhouse
- As this is a converted farmhouse, rooms vary in size, from 2-4 beds in each room. The double rooms will be reserved first.
- Every room is equipped with a private bathroom
- FOR PRIVATE ACCOMMODATION, PRICE IS AN ADDITIONAL 90€ (limited availability)
3 nights accommodation at Il Grande Prato, Tuscany
Daily yoga and meditation sessions (mats are provided)
Daily breakfast, select lunches and dinners
Lunch is provided on Friday and Saturday
Dinner is provided on Thursday, Friday and Saturday
Guided tour and transportation to Siena
Wine tasting in the countryside
Special gifts for retreat participants
What’s not included
Transportation to/from the airport (we can help you to arrange transport by mini bus or taxi)
- Prices differ depending on airport
Additional activities or tours
Optional Day 0 in Bologna
Join us on Wednesday for an unforgettable evening in Bologna! Jennison will take care of the planning and details, you take care of the Namaste-ing.
* Estimated price for the extra night is 100€
- Exact price will vary depending on the number of retreaters who add on the extra night, but will not exceed 100 euros*
- Accommodation in a spacious, historical, converted convent in the city center
- A delicious breakfast on Thursday morning
- Evening garden yoga practice and morning sun salutations on the terrace
- Dinner reservations for a group meal at a local, vibrant restaurant in the city. The price of dinner is not included in the price
- Organization of shared transportation to retreat location. Transport price is not included.
Shared transportation from Bologna to Il Grande Prato
- We will share transportation from Bologna to the retreat location
- Price for transport by private minivan or bus varies from 30€ to 45€ per person, depending on the group size (~2 hour drive)
- Optional train journey: Bologna → Florence (35 mins) → Castelfiorentino (45 mins) – around 22€
We can help you to arrange private transport by taxi, minibus or van for your airport transports. Prices range depending on distance and number of passengers.
Il Grande Prato is located in Castelfiorentino. Its location in the middle of the Tuscan countryside makes it accessible from many cities. The closest airports are:
- Florence (1 hour drive)
- Pisa (1 hour drive)
- Bologna (1.5-2 hour drive)
The retreat location is also well connected by train. Il Grande Prato is a short, 15 minute taxi ride from the Castelfiorentino train station. It can be reached from many cities such as:
- Florence (45 min.)
- Pisa (1 hour)
- Bologna (1.5 hours with one transfer in Florence)
- Rome (2.5 hours)
If you are connecting between the Bologna airport and train station, you can purchase a ticket for 6 euors for the Aerobus. Tickets can be purchased in advance or at the departure point.
As this retreat has limited spaces, we ask for a non-refundable deposit of 200€ to secure your spot.
Total retreat price to be paid by April 1st.
Any cancelations made before April 1st will receive a full refund of the amount paid by participant, less the 200€ deposit.
Any cancelations made between April 2nd and May 31st will receive a 50% refund of the total price paid by participant.
Any cancelations made between June 1st and July 1st will receive a 25% refund of the total price paid by participant.
No refund for cancelations made after July 1st.***