The colors. The flavors. The culture. The vibrations.
Morocco is the ultimate getaway. Dive into an exotic cultural experience on the coast of Morocco.
Our private beachfront riad in Essaouria serves as our homebase for relaxation, heritage, art, and exploration.
Lose yourself in the charm of the local, seaside medina during the day and fall sleep to the sound of the waves at night.
Rooftop yoga, unforgettable meals, day trips, markets, bathhouses… what more could you ask for?
Riad Kafila is a charming, traditional, seaside villa. Enjoy tea and a book in the quiet central courtyard, breakfast with the best views in town, and daily rooftop yoga. The owners of our home in Morocco will help you to feel relaxed and at home on your holiday. Within walking distance to the medina and souks of Essauoria, you will have the chance to explore the city on your own, or spend time at the sea. Vegetarian meals will be provided on site, prepared with local ingredients and lots of love.
About the yoga
Jennison has planned each aspect of your holiday with thoughtfulness, love, intention and passion. With over 20 years of yoga experience and more than 9 years sharing yoga with others, Jennison has a passion for connecting others more closely with themselves and building community through unique yoga experiences.
Her passion for yoga, paired with her enthusiasm for travel, make Jennison’s “Retreat Yourself Mediterranean Yoga Retreats” unforgettable and truly special experiences. The yoga itself is a combination of energizing vinyasa and relaxing yin practices designed for all levels of practitioners. Jennison loves to add in some fun with partner yoga sessions and adds depth through intention-setting and mindfulness workshops as well as daily meditation.
These yoga holidays are all about balance. We love to have fun, share a bottle (or two) of wine at dinner and dive deep into our connections with one another. Bring a friend and enjoy a holiday together or come alone and prepare to make some lifelong, meaningful friendships. Warning: these retreats are truly addicting!
See you on the mat. Cheers and namaste, friends!
What will you learn?
Peace, Passion, Purpose
Your yoga holiday is more than traveling to gorgeous locations with likeminded people from around the world. You will enjoy sunset yoga sessions with dreamy views and taste the exotic flavors of the local cuisine, but you will also experience moments of personal transformation as you learn, grow and evolve during your retreat.
The experiences and practices of Retreat Yourself Morocco have been designed with a focus on exploring your personal core values and bringing you in alignment with your highest vibrational state. You will be taken on a journey of exploration of your values through writing and meditation. You will reflect on how you spend your day, your time and your choices and how to align these with your values. This personal journey will include the following components:
- Understanding the science behind using the breath to reduce anxiety and stress.
- Using meditation to quiet the mind and identify your core values.
- Identifying your core values and aligning these values with your daily choices to promote more peace in your day.
- Rediscovering your passions and zest for life.
- Utilizing your passions as a way to live more mindfully, with purpose, and share your most meaningful gifts with the world.
- Using the movement rituals of yoga to create ease and presence in the moment by cultivating space for compassion, gratitude and overall health.
- Owning your greatness, your worth, and your deservedness for goodness and blessings.
March 24 – 28, 2020
Take a look at our sample itinerary* complete with daily yoga, day trips, wine tasting and more!
Day 1 Arrival Day (Tuesday)
- Arrive in the evening- Airport transfers can be arranged and shared with travelers arriving at the same time
- RyanAirFlight from Valencia to Marrakesh on Tuesday: 16:55 – 18:55
- Please note: Meals will not be provided on arrival day. There will be a stop for dinner between the airport in Marrakesh and our villa in Essauoria, for the group traveling from Valencia, arriving during the evening.
- Welcome to Riad Kafila!
Day 2 (Wednesday)
Morning Vinyasa Yoga in our Moroccan courtyard
Breakfast in seaside dining room
Enjoy free time exploring Essauoria
Lunch served at Riad Kafila
Free time to explore or book an optional experience
Sunset Yin Yoga on the rooftop terrace (Identifying our core values)
Dinner served at Riad Kafila
Day 3 (Thursday)
Morning vinyasa yoga in the courtyard
Breakfast served in the seaside dining room
Day trip to Argan Valley includes:
- Visit a local Berber souk for an unforgettable village experience (and shopping!)
- Visit to a local vineyard, taste high-quality wines
- Enjoy a delicious, traditional Moroccan lunch
- Private transportation provided for our group
Free time in Essauoria
Evening Yin Yoga (Tapping into a place of personal peace)
Group dinner at Riad Kafila
Day 4 (Friday)
Morning Vinyasa yoga in the courtyard
Breakfast in the seaside dining room
Hammam bathhouse experience with optional add-on massage
Lunch served at Riad Kafila
Rooftop Yin Yoga (Exploring Passion and Purpose)
Dinner out in Essauoria- dress to impress!
Day 4 (Saturday)
Rooftop yoga (weather dependent) and closing meditation
Breakfast in the seaside dining room
Free time to explore Essauoria
Lunch not included on departure day
Guest departure times vary. RyanAir flight from Marrakesh to Valencia: 19:20 – 21:20 (depart Riad Kafila around 15:00)
*Retreat itinerary subject to change
One of the most special things about our retreats are the meals. We have created special moments for you to enjoy authentic meals in beautiful locations. Outdoor, al fresco dining when available, traditional recipes, and late night conversations with new friends.
On Thursday you will visit Le Val d-Argan Winery. Enjoy a guided tour of the cellars of a local vineyard. Taste delicious, high-quality wines. Enjoy a traditional lunch, let yourself be moved by the colors and flavors of Morocco!
On Friday morning we will enjoy a traditional hammam experience at a local bathhouse in Essauoria. This is an ancient cleansing and relaxing ritual, performed by many cultures throughout the world. You will have your choice of a body scrub with rose crystals, kissa, or honey. After your cleansing experience, you may choose to add-on a private massage or similar treatment. The hammam experience and optional massages must be booked at least one month in advance.
If you choose to opt-out of the hammam (public bathhouse) experience, you will have the option to enjoy one hour of a water sports rental, including a kayak or stand-up paddleboard, during the hour of the group’s hammam experience.
Horseback or Dromedary (Camel) Ride– Enjoy a 2 hour camel ride around Essauoria including a visit to a Portuguese Fort, the Hippies Village, Jimmy Hendrix’ house and tea and cakes. Price per person: 25 euros.
Moroccan Cooking Class– (1) Learn the secrets of Moroccan cooking, lunch included for 50 euros per person. (2) Or learn about preparing Moroccan pastries in a pastry workshop for 22 euros. And yes, you get to eat them too!
Other optional excursions depending on interest and availability: Quad or bicycle ride, surf or kite surf lessons, water sports rentals such as kayaks and paddle boards.
Early Bird Pricing for bookings before December 1st
Sale Price for Shared Accommodation: Only 555€!
Regular Pricing for Shared Accommodation (booked after Decemeber 1st): 600€
- Shared accommodation in a double room at Riad Kafila
- Book with a friend or sign up separately and I will pair you up with a roommate 🙂
- Each room is equipped with a private bathroom
- Listed price is per person
Sale Price for Private Room is 630€!
Regular Pricing for Private Accommodation (booked after December 1st): 675€
- Reserve a private room and bathroom at Riad Kafila
- Only three private rooms available! First come, first serve. Don’t miss out!
4 nights accommodation at a gorgeous seaside villa, Riad Kafila
Daily yoga, meditation and guided journaling sessions
Yoga mats will be provided
All meals are provided from Wednesday morning through Saturday morning
- Daily breakfast Wednesday-Saturday
- Lunch Wednesday-Friday
- Dinner Wednesday-Friday
All transportation is provided while on retreat (airport transfers are not included on arrival and departure days)
Transportation and visit to local berber souk
Transportation and visit to the Argan Valley: tour of a local countryside winery, vegetarian lunch and wine tasting
Traditional public bathhouse Hammam Experience (or water sports rental)
Special gifts for retreat participants
What’s not included
Transportation to/from the airport (we can help you to arrange private transport)
- Prices differ depending on airport
- If you are traveling from Valencia to Marrakesh on Tuesday evening, we will organize an optional group dinner on the way from the airport to the riad
Additional activities or tours
RyanAir Flight Option:
Valencia – Marrakesh
Tuesday, March 24th, 16:55- 18:55
Marrakesh – Valencia
Saturday, March 28th, 19:20 – 21:20
- Transfers between Marrakech (airport or city) and Essaouira: (prices are one-way)1-3 pax: 75 Euro4 pax: 80 Euro5-8 pax: 105 Euro9-15 pax: 190 EuroTransfers between Essaouira Airport and Essaouira: (prices are one-way)1-3 pax: 20 Euro4 pax: 24 Euro5-8 pax: 35 Euro9-15 pax: 70 Euro
As this retreat has limited spaces, we ask for a non-refundable deposit of 150€ to secure your spot.
Total retreat price to be paid by January 1st.
Any cancelations made before January 1st will receive a full refund of the amount paid by participant, less the 150€ deposit.
Any cancelations made between January 2nd and January 31st will receive a 50% refund of the total price paid by participant.
Any cancelations made between February 1st and February 29th will receive a 25% refund of the total price paid by participant.
No refund for cancelations made after March 1st.***