Jávea is a gorgeous coastal town on the Mediterranean Sea. Located in the province of Alicante, it is the perfect day trip or weekend getaway from Valencia. The 1.5 hour drive takes you past many gorgeous Spanish towns, lush green hills, fields of crops, and an amazing sunrise. We love Jávea as an easy weekend getaway. One night and two days will leave you feeling rested, rejuvenated and sun-kissed.
Where to Stay:
Accommodation in Jávea can be a bit on the pricey side. Here are our two recommendations on where to stay in Jávea when you’re on a budget.
1) Camping Jávea: This campground is complete with a beautiful pool, an onsite restaurant, and clean bathrooms and showers. The site organizes activities for the whole family, is walking distance to the disco, and is easy access to El Arenal and Jávea’s beautiful, rocky calas. You can stay at this campsite as a couple for around 30 euros a night.
2) Airbnb: Airbnb in Jávea is sometimes limited, especially when you’re on a budget. Instead of renting an entire apartment or house for yourselves, we always opt for renting a room in one of the beautiful villas of Jávea. For extra privacy, search for a room that has a private entrance and a private bathroom. Bonus if you find accommodation with breakfast included. This option gives you the “hotel” feel, but you have the added benefit of staying with a local (and often free parking!). Check out the Bed and Breakfast where we stayed on our last visit: The Estrella Lodge was the perfect place to enjoy a relaxing weekend.
Click on the following link to get $35 off your first stay with Airbnb! www.airbnb.com/c/jgrigsby2
Or comment on this post and I’ll send the discount code to you directly!
Where to Eat:
1) Head to the cute Old Town of Jávea for a drink and tapas. Enjoy the charm of the Old Town as you sit under fairy lights at Ebruix, or gaze at up at the beautiful church as you dine at Palau de Jávea.
2) We love strolling along El Arenal, Jávea’s iconic beach boardwalk. If you are looking for vegan or vegetarian food in Jávea, I highly recommend Carnaval Jávea. They have clearly marked vegan options from sushi to stir-fry to “meatballs”. Carnaval is a hip restaurant with inviting decor and friendly service. Because of its extensive menu (and great cocktails) we often dine there for both breakfast and dinner!
Where to Sunbathe:
The best beaches in the provence of Valencia are definitely found in Jávea Spain. Jávea has both sandy beaches as well as gorgeous, white-stone coves or “calas”. Here are our favorite beaches to spend the day in Jávea.
1) El Arenal. Arenal is Jávea’s sandy beach. It is centrally located, has easy access to bars, restaurants, restrooms and accommodation. The water is calm and clean and is the perfect place to spend an afternoon. The beach also has a couple playgrounds for kids. In my opinion, this is the perfect beach for families to enjoy their Jávea holiday.
2) Cala Grandella. Ahhhh Granadella! This cala is absolutely breathtaking! It is surrounded on both sides by beautiful mountains and you can spend the day staring out at the horizon of the endless sea for hours. You are able rent lounge chairs, umbrellas, and even lockboxes for your belongings while you go for a swim. We usually pack a picnic, but there is a restaurant just steps away from the beach, making this a convenient destination for a morning at the beach.
Traveler’s Tip* Arrive early to secure a parking spot near the beach.
3) Cala Ambolo. Technically this beach is “off limits”, making it desired among both tourists and locals alike. The steep hike down (and up!) also makes it an ideal destination for nude sunbathers. This private cove takes my breath away each time we arrive. The 15 minute hike down to the beach always takes me about 30 because of the numerous photo opportunities! There are no restaurants nearby so definitely pack a picnic, but keep in mind you’ll need to carry everything down (and up!) with you. Cala Ambolo is the perfect beach to spend an afternoon in paradise.
Last but not least… Where to dance!
There are a few discos in Jávea where you can dance the night away.
1) A Chill is great place to go dancing after a fun night of dinner and drinks on the boardwalk of El Arenal.
Traveler’s Tip* A Chill is also a restaurant with tasty vegan and vegetarian options in Jávea.